It's cold out today, but I'm thankful the sun is shining. I drive by this old barn frequently, and stopped to take a picture. It could use some TLC, but I think it has character!
The practice of putting iron scraps into a large barrel of buttermilk for a couple of weeks also would be used to make a primitive rusty RED paint. That the paint was easy and inexpensive to make could explain why man barns were the color RED.
I am a Christian wife, mom to 5 and Grandma to two adorable little girls. I have 2 daughters and a son who were born to me and 2 sons who joined our family by marrying our daughters. I have been married to a wonderful Christian man for over 30 years. I work as a nurse at a long term care center, where I am blessed to get to know many older people and their families.
11 comments:
maybe it could use some but I think it's jut great the way it is.
Love your photo.
p.s - Joshua could not get his eyes off Oliver!!
I think it has alot of character.
I would leave as is.
Did you ever notice barns are usually painted red? I wonder why.
This is a beauty!
xo
Very nice barn! After several days of rain, I'm ready for some of that blue sky.
that barn is huge! and i'm wondering the same as someone else who commented, why were barns always painted red?
You have an endless supply of beautiful shots.
Great shot from the barn!
It has been a great barn in its day!
I found this when I Googled....
The practice of putting iron scraps into a large barrel of buttermilk for a couple of weeks also would be used to make a primitive rusty RED paint. That the paint was easy and inexpensive to make could explain why man barns were the color RED.
I love, love, love old barns! This one really does have a lot of character and personality.
I really should do a barn drive and get a bunch of photos of Kansas barns and make a calendar on Zazzle.... hmmmm....
you are right - a lot of character!
Post a Comment