Saturday, March 28, 2009

March 28

It's quite cold but sunny here today. Bob and I both have the weekend off, although I ended up going in to do some paperwork this afternoon. Bob did a lot of work, including working on a night stand for Heather and helping her prime her room. He also cut down our fountain grass in the back yard. These plumes stay throughout the winter but need to be cut down so the new growth can come through.
I got this picture before he cut them. I thought they looked like they were almost glowing in the sun! Soon there will be new growth coming up.

10 comments:

Susan said...

Wish I had you in my pocket to help me take pictures. It is not one of my gifts, but it certainly is yours!!
Susan

dd said...

This is such a neat plant. I don't think I've ever seen one like it. It looks like balls of yarn!

Christina said...

The ornamental grasses are so lovely! Great capture!

TJ said...

If they wouldn't blow around the house, they would make an unusual flower arrangement.

Sujomi said...

So beautiful! You do have a great eye Mari. I just love your photos!

bentonflocke said...

I don't have ever seen one like this! Fantastic shot!!

Nise' said...

What a great picture. Did you wake up to snow like we did here this morning? It is gone already!

SaraG said...

That is a beautiful photo!!
Thanks for sharing.
All your photo's are just spectacular!!

Courtney said...

great shot! I love your photos! Thanks for sharing them!

Girl Tornado said...

I love this photo, what a cool grass!