Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1

I had the day off today, so had time for a nice long walk. I walked to the state land near us, entering with trepidation since the last two times I was there, the mosquitoes nearly carried me away!
No need to fear today though - there were very few bugs! I did scare up a deer as I walked, but the brush was thick and he was so fast that I couldn't get a picture.
It is so quiet here, the only sounds you hear are the birds chirping and the rustle of the leaves in the wind. It even looks peaceful!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaah! What a peaceful setting. Lovely. Nice color. I like that the heavier trees are on either side.

sara said...

That really looks peaceful!!! So green and beautiful!

Darla said...

that is definately peaceful...ahhh.

Joanna Jenkins said...

I'm curious, how many photos do you usually take on each walk?

Your pictures are always so amazing!

THANK YOU

bentonflocke said...

what a peaceful place!! Love the landscape you show us everyday!! Seems a wonderful place, where you live!

Anonymous said...

What a nice way to start a day! Peaceful!

Renee said...

I agree - very peaceful indeed. What is it about the woods that make us feel that way?

Sujomi said...

That is a lovely peaceful looking shot Mari. I wish I were there!